OUR COVID-19 POLICY
Please note that our standard Terms and Conditions apply to all appointments, except where specifically superseded by the information laid out in this COVID-19 policy.
This policy outlines some of the key measures we have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change.
ADHERING TO GUIDELINES
Throughout the pandemic, our therapists will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and their own professional associations regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT
We have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
• identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
• think about who could be at risk;
• decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
• act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of our clients, we will be:
• monitoring our own health and deferring treatments if we have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
• contacting our clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Track and Trace Service and told to self isolate.
• asking our clients to call and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
ENHANCED CLEANING AND HYGIENE MEASURES
We have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any non-porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing / sanitising.
ADAPTING OR RESTRICTING OUR TREATMENTS
It may be necessary for us to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect our clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, we will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because a client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waived. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO PRIOR TO / DURING YOUR TREATMENT
• Take a Lateral Flow COVID19 Test on the morning of your appointment if you can. By taking a Lateral Flow Test before before your appointment, you can help protect the therapist and their other clients and reduce the pressures on health and social care services
Fill out the pre-treatment COVID questionnaire within 24 hours of your appointment time.
• Contact your therapist to reschedule if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or if any person in your household has symptoms or is self-isolating.
• Wear your own mask during the treatment. Wearing a mask is mandatory, in line with current government guidance.
• Have your own bottle of water to drink after your treatment.
• Be ready at the agreed time and maintain social distancing before and after the treatment.
• Wash your hands or use sanitiser.
• Follow guidelines on the use of PPE.
WHAT YOUR THERAPIST WILL DO
• Take Lateral Flow Tests regularly before seeing clients (at least 4 a week).
Check they are in good health before the treatment.
• Wash their hands and / or use hand sanitiser prior to treatment.
• Follow guidelines on the use of PPE.
• Disinfect non-porous materials e.g. massage couch and equipment.
• Wash porous materials e.g. pillowcases, sheets and towels.
• Replace couch roll and other disposable materials.
• Ventilate the treatment area between each client.
• Change clothing if needed.
• Maintain social distancing before and after the treatment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
We are happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time.